Blog written by Lauren Curl-Ferrell
Raise your hand if sparking water is like kryptonite?
I know I am. It's tough enough to try and hit the goal of your daily water intake, so I'm a huge fan of the sparkling kind. I know that I can, easily, reach the amount I need on a daily basis if it has just the right amount of carbonation.
I thought that I would play around with some sparking water and NB Pure's Daily Multi-Fiber. Big fan of the fiber, HUGE fan actually. I'm an on the go, gotta pick up my kids, hard to find the time to eat all the fiber I need in a day, kind of lady. By the way, did you know that people need to eat 25-30 grams of fiber a day and that most people only successfully eat 15 grams (source WebMD)?
If you add up your grams of fiber at the end of a normal day, and you're coming up short, you may want to look into adding a fiber supplement like NB Pure's Daily Multi-Fiber into your day to day nutritional line up. Let me, quickly, fill you in on the details of this notoriously popular and healthy Daily Multi-Fiber.
- It's the only fiber on the market that has insoluble and soluble fiber that can help decrease hunger and increase satiate hormones when ingested with a meal.
- It also means that meals containing soluble fibers are less likely to cause sharp spikes in blood sugar levels and may prevent them (good news for the diabetes world!).
- Ultimately, people feel fuller longer with it, it helps lower cholesterol, and reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- It also has probiotics to help maintain glucose homeostasis, lipid regulation, and can help the risk of colon disease.
Basically, this fiber is legit.
Let's get to the point, you're here because you want to snag this recipe.
- 8-10 oz Sparkling water
- 1/2 teaspoon Lime Juice (or lime flavored drops to mix with water)
- 1/2 teaspoon of strawberry flavored water drops
- 1 teaspoon NB Pure Daily Multi-Fiber
- 3 fresh strawberries, 1 lime wedge for garnish (optional)
- ice cubes
- Add your water and ice to a tall glass
- Mix in your flavored water drops + fiber, stir well
- Add your garnishes, and enjoy.
You can't tell me that this isn't the yummiest Strawberry Lime Sparkling water you've ever tasted, and the fact that it has Fiber in with it? HUGE WIN.
I can't wait to see your tasty drinks. I'm going to make another one of these to drink with my dinner tonight, because it really is that good.