Most Americans have a general idea of fiber but you'd be hard pressed to find those who get enough in their diet.
According to recent studies published by the Harvard Medical School, "most Americans fall woefully short of the established goals," when it comes to fiber-rich food consumption. That's neighbors, family and coworkers (maybe even you) who are missing out on the benefits of whole grains that are commonly found in such staples as:
- Baked goods
- Seeds and nuts
Perhaps you're a picky eater? Try our nbpure Multi Fiber for natural gut health and digestive regularity.
This dietary supplement makes getting your daily fiber a total breeze.
But let's cut to the chase and make a real case for why this all matters. Here are five facts of fiber you really ought to know:
- Fiber helps combat high blood pressure and cholesterol which contribute to an array of heart disease (including heart attacks)
- Fiber regularizes bowel movements and digestion
- Fiber-rich foods and diets balance blood sugar
- Fiber-rich foods lead to feelings of fullness which prevent overeating and healthy weight maintenance
- Fiber promotes natural detoxification of toxins in the body