If you've ever wondered who's behind the products you buy and whether or not they live a lifestyle that aligns, this is one read that ought to be music to your ears. Nutritional Brands CEO, Danna Pratte, walks, talks and lives all things health and wellness. From investing time and energy into developing emerging health supplements to connecting with aspiring athletes and top performers, she's fully committed.
We sat down with Danna a few times this month to get the inside scoop on how she manages to stay on top of her health and wellness while juggling work, play, and family life. If you haven't already read the piece, be sure to check out her recap of a 5-day water fast she underwent in hopes of finding supportive ways to engage Breast Cancer Awareness Month. This week, however, we're starting with something arguably more basic, but equally as important for anyone on the path to a healthier, more fit or a balanced life. That's right, we're chatting about the 3 Morning Musts with Danna.
1) "I try to do some form of daily exercise or something active. This could be going to the gym or going on a run, but when I don't have as much time I try to get in at least some active stretching or morning meditating. By being active in the morning -- even if it is just for ten minutes -- it helps set my mind straight and clear my head for what I have to take on the rest of the day."
2) "I make sure my kids are ready to conquer the day. This might mean making sure they have a nutritious lunch for the day or just sending them off with words of encouragement for the big test they have in a few hours. I make sure I am present for my kids in the morning. Even though they are grown I want them to know I am always there for them. I believe we're all stronger together."
3) "I keep water intake a priority. One of the first things I do when I get up is to drink a large glass of water. This is so important for the body and for the brain. I find that when I start my day with a big glass of water I continue to drink it throughout the day. Sometimes I'll also add some lemon or fresh fruit to my water to add a little flavor."
Looking for more? The following apps can be a huge help for anyone trying to reclaim their mornings!
- Strava: Run/Walk/Cycle tracker that gamifies your progress
- Oak: Mindfulness, meditation, and breathing guide
- Sleep Cycle: Alarm clock app that tracks your sleeping patterns and wakes you up during light sleep