written by Lauren Curl-Ferrell on September 15, 2021
Is there anything better than a crisp day and the treats that accompany it?
As the seasons change from those warm summer days to crisp fall nights, we are gearing up with caramel apples in the kitchen.
I always find that these smoothies are the best kick off to the cooler weather.
Smoothie Recipe Essentials
This smoothie is unique in the fact that it has Plant Powered Protein built into the crust. Which means that it will keep you fuller for longer AND help with the digestive process.
A pro tip you can use, is freeze your apples before hand to make your smoothie nice and thick. Any frozen fruit in a smoothie helps to thicken it up, much like an ice cream consistency.
I didn't freeze these this time, because I wanted to enjoy this with a straw and glass, versus a smoothie bowl. Freeze them in advance for that amazing smoothie bowl consistency.
This smoothie recipe also includes date to create that caramel flavor. If that's not your preference, you can use actual caramel. They even make date caramel syrup that you can find at natural grocery stores.
Bring on the Smoothies
This is a great substitute for those sugar crashes that happens when we eat those traditional fall treats and I can not handle the blood sugar crash anymore.
That's why this smoothie has a big dose of protein, healthy fats, and good fiber, to create a more stable blood sugar response.
It will hit that caramel apple craving and help provide great nutrients at the same time. What a grown up win!
Full Recipe Breakdown
Prep time: 2 minutes
- 1 medium sized apple, cored
- 1/4 cup of greek yogurt
- 1 scoop of Earthy Andy x NB Pure: Plant Powered Protein
- 1/2 tablespoon of nut butter or sun butter
- 2 dates
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Put everything in a high speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a glass with caramel drizzle in it and enjoy immediately.
- Optional: drizzle caramel on top of the smoothie too!