written by Lauren Curl-Ferrell
Staying hydrated is crucial for the health and wellbeing of the human body, but an astronomical amount of people do not consume enough water throughout the day. Water intake has always been at the top of a doctor's list of important things the body must have. The tricky part is that there isn't a set amount of water that's generally needed across the globe. You have to find the right amount for you. Now, we can't tell you what that amount is, but we can help with these ideas to help with drinking more!
Here are some interesting water facts:
- Water is essential for the kidneys and other bodily functions.
- When dehydrated, the skin can become more vulnerable to skin disorders and wrinkling.
- Drinking water instead of soda can help with weight loss.
Getting a good daily water intake isn't easy, but enjoy these 10 ways that anyone can help themselves increase their water intake.
- Drink it at room temperature - room temperature water can assist in the digestion process after eating. It's like giving the gut fuel to help keep the digestion process going. It can also help dissolve heavy foods that the body may have a hard time processing.
- Squeeze lemon or mint in it - pick up fresh lemon and mint, or they make handy drink squeezers to add right into a glass. You can find them in the drink aisle at any major grocery food retailer.
- Challenge your friends + family - Do a glass by glass challenge and stay communicated. It's good to have a little accountability. The challenge will not only help both get more water, but it'll also help your friends hold you accountable with your water intake.
- Get a bigger water bottle - That's right, get yourself a bigger water bottle and fill that baby up.
- Get in the habit of carrying water everywhere you go - I, personally, have one of those water bottles that you can latch onto your purse and believe me, I latch that on.
- Freeze fruit in ice cube trays - probably our most favorite way. Pleasant to look at and incredibly tasty.
- Eat more fruit - fruits, especially, watermelon can help increase water intake.
- Add flavor drops - There are lots of flavors to choose from. Lime, berry, grape, etc.. For the tasty soda drinker, add these flavored drops to carbonated water and you may be able to swap that unhealthy soda for a version of water that suits you.
- Download a tracker app - big fan of Hydro Coach.
- Set Reminders on your phone - set one for every normal waking hour and listen when the phone goes off!
One way to gain hydration is to utilize NB Pure's Hydr8. It helps with getting those electrolytes, amino acids, and vitamins that the body may be missing out on by being dehydrated.
Do the best you can, set goals and reward yourself when you hit your goals. Don't be discouraged if you miss a day, it'll help motivate you for the next! You've got this!