Birthday Cake Protein Shake Recipe - Vegan
Written by Lauren Curl-Ferrell on August 15, 2021
Happy 25th Birthday NB Pure!
As a treat, we've made this Strawberry Birthday Cake Protein Shake recipe that’s vegan and tasty for everyone.
Here at NB Pure we’ve strived to build foundational wellness one step at a time.
That starts with our products. Ingredients are sourced from every corner of the globe to bring you the absolute best. But it doesn’t stop there. All our products are free of anything artificial which ensures your body is getting exactly what it needs.
Our mantra is being better. What does that mean? It’s about the small changes adding up over time to help you achieve your wellness goals
We pride ourselves on our Plant Protein+ and it's plant based goodness. It is made with only the best ingredients, including pea protein, flaxseed, and chia seed, Plant Protein+ is formulated from the finest vegan sources to give you the protein you need.
So let's dive in so that you can celebrate with us and get this tasty birthday high protein treat!
MAKE THE VEGAN CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE FIRST
Um chocolate? Yes please. Count us in. We like to make this chocolate sauce recipe and store in our fridge. It's perfect to drizzle over fresh strawberries, muffins, pancakes, or to mix in to your almond milk for a chocolate milk. Honestly, it's very tasty and keeps pretty well.
Plus who doesn't love having yummy chocolate fudge goodness on demand?
CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE INGREDIENTS
- 1/2 cup (48g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup (160g) pure maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/4 cup (60g) plant-based milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon (5g) vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons (32g) creamy nut butter of choice (we chose almond)
CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE INSTRUCTIONS
- Using a medium sized bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Whisk really well until it's fairy smooth. Place it in the microwave for 30 seconds. This will help to melt the cocoa powder so that it dissolves easier.
- Take it out of the microwave and whisk again really well. You can also add to a food processor if you'd like. This will get it really smooth and ensure that no bits of cocoa or nut butter are still present.
- Don't be worried about it being runny. Heating it will do that to it. Simply, set it aside for about 10-15 minutes and it'll thicken up. You'll have the perfect pour-able fudge sauce of your dreams.
- Store it in the fridge. This will also thicken it up. So before you're ready for some chocolate pourable fudge, just take it out and let it sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes. Use a whisk to help mix the ingredients up again.
THE PROTEIN SMOOTHIE RECIPE
We decided to keep it simple for our birthday treat with a strawberry protein shake. The recipe is quite simple:
Take 1 scoop of NB Pure Plant Protein+, 1 frozen banana, about a cup of frozen strawberries, and 1/4 cup of your favorite plant based or nut based milk (or a 1/2 cup if you like it more of a liquid texture) and pop those into a blender. Blend on high speed until it's nice and creamy.
There's something so tasty about strawberry smoothies especially when it's mixed with the subtle vanilla flavoring of the Plant Protein+.
INGREDIENTS FOR VEGAN STRAWBERRY BIRTHDAY CAKE SMOOTHIE
- 1 scoop NB Pure Plant Protein+ (this gives it a nice soft cake flavor)
- 1 cup of frozen strawberries
- 1 whole frozen banana
- 1/4 cup of plant or nut based milk
- Pop these all into a high speed blender, and blend until nice and creamy. Add more milk for a creamier consistency, add ice cubes if you'd like it more frozen.
- Once your mixture is done, go ahead and place in a glass of your choice.
ADD YOUR TOPPINGS
Drizzle some of your new chocolate fudge mixture on the top and feel free to add some of your favorite vegan whip. Top it with colorful sprinkles and enjoy!
We've had a blast celebrating our 25 years today and hope you enjoy this tasty treat too! Cheers to another 25+ years of being your favorite wellness products.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.